answers to frequently asked questions...
• Programming is facilitated daily by an enthusiastic Art Instructor and a dedicated Teaching Assistant
• Programming may include Half Days for Parent Teacher Conferences on Oct. 24/25 & Jan 30/31, from 11am to 6pm, for an additional $50 fee, per Half Day session (provided there are 6 or more participants)
• Students enroll for the school year on specific days (we are not a drop-by program). One month cancellation notice required
• Flexible enrollment options include 1 to 5 days per week. Maximum enrollment is 20 students
• A 2.5% discount is awarded to families with 2 or more children enrolled in the program
• Students who attend an after school activity may participate in By Discovery following their scheduled activity
• Students eat a snack (packed from home) and enjoy outdoor play (weather permitting) at the start of every session • Homework time is encouraged as projects/activities come to a close, approximately 5:15pm
• Suggested pick up time is from 5:15 to 6pm, during free play (Including Legos and imaginative/sensory play items)
Jocelyne Adkins, Art Educator & Oak Park Resident
Since 2012, Jocelyne has designed innovative art enrichment activities for youth, as Program Director & Lead Educator for Beye Discovery, Program of the Beye School PTO, Oak Park.
Jocelyne earned her MAAE from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
She is inspired daily by children, artists & nature!